Urbana Sanitary Sewer Improvements
As of October 26, 2015, the BGJWSC has started a new sanitary sewer project known as “Urbana Sanitary Sewer Improvements”. This project is necessary to improve the existing system that has shown signs of age that could lead to collection system failures.
As a result of construction, the following areas will be affected:
- Goodyear Avenue
- J Street East of Tillman Avenue
- Wilson Avenue
- Talmadge Ave
- Macon Avenue North of G Street
- G Street from Macon Avenue to Tillman Avenue
- Tillman Avenue from G Street to I Street
- I Street from Tillman to Wilson Avenue
These areas, as well as the immediate surrounding areas, will experience temporary road closures and could have temporary utility service interruptions. Advanced notification will be given prior to any planned utility outage.
Construction is expected to be completed by July of 2016.