The JWSC intends to hold public hearings on June 12, 2018 at 6:00 PM in Room 108 at the St. Simons Casino on St. Simons Island and on June 13, 2018 at 6:00 PM at the City Recreation Center (Howard Coffin Park) on Gloucester St. in Brunswick, GA where it will consider a potential rate adjustment that would go into effect starting July 1, 2018. As required by Section 1-2 of Part I of House Bill 1271 amending Section 7 of the enabling legislation creating the Brunswick-Glynn County Joint Water and Sewer Commission (JWSC) approved April 19, 2006 (Ga. L. 2006, p. 3661), the JWSC is providing the following information as part of its notice of the public hearings:
- A financial justification for the proposed rate increase,
- A five-year projection of future operating revenue and expenses:
- without such proposed rate increase, and
- with such proposed rate increase,
- A history of the dates and amounts of any changes in customer rates, fees, tolls, or charges previously approved by the JWSC during the five-year period immediately preceding the effective date of the proposed increase.
In addition to this required information, a fourth item is included at the end of this notice regarding a proposed change in the rate structure.
Please review the attached document for details of this pending change: