Water conservation is a critical element of ensuring that our customers have access to water when they need it, now and in the future.
The BGJWSC has adopted rules mandated by the Georgia Department of Natural Resources, Environmental Protection Division, guiding outdoor water use.
Currently, Glynn County is under Declared Drought Level Two. As a result, the following restrictions apply:
• Outdoor water use is allowed on scheduled days between midnight and 10 a.m.
• Scheduled days for odd-numbered addresses are Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
• Scheduled days for even-numbered addresses are Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
The following uses are prohibited:
• Using hydrants for any purpose other than firefighting, public health, safety or flushing.
• Washing hard surfaces such as streets, gutters, sidewalks and driveways, except when necessary for public health and safety.
For more information about outdoor water use schedules, visit the EPD website at www.gaepd.org.
– Hydrant Flow Tests, Taste, Color and Odor Complaints, Water Tests and Water Quality Information